Oxfam GB – Djibouti June 2018
Media and Communications Trainer
- Gave a training to Oxfam Yemen’s Media Lead on general media and communications skills.
- Provided a professional humanitarian media training to Oxfam Yemen’s advocacy team, including interview methods, as well as photography and videography shooting and editing.
Oxfam GB – Geneva & Paris April 2018
- Provided media support and briefing to Oxfam staff and civil society partners during their European Lobby tour
- Lead on media and communication work during the UN High-Level Pledging event for Yemen in Geneva
- Provided Arabic/English/French translation for Oxfam staff, partners and officials during a series of meetings
Oxfam GB – Home-based (with frequent travels) August 2016 – March 2018
Yemen Media Lead
- Implemented Oxfam’s highest profile humanitarian campaign
- Developed stronger messaging with a strategic approach to create a more compelling Oxfam Yemen voice to drive more extensive and sustained international media coverage
- Played a key role in developing of Oxfam’s overall strategy in Yemen, in particular the work of the Advocacy and Campaigns team
- Supervised and commissioned multimedia content from the field to raise awareness on the world’s worst humanitarian crisis
- Led and trained members of the country communication team
- Produced media releases and supported planning of press trips and field visits
The Associated Press – Tunis, Tunisia May 2014 – July 2016
- As the first and sole AP staff in country, developed and expanded the national video coverage
- Led on feature coverage to support the launch of AP’s new Middle East Extra service
- Extensively covered major news events such as the 2014 elections, the 2015 terrorist attacks, the Nobel Peace Prize, the Libyan situation and the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia in October 2014
- Set-up and coordinated a network of freelancers and production companies across Tunisia
- Provided support to Photo and Print services when necessary
Freelance Journalist – Egypt; Yemen January 2008 – April 2014
Video Journalist, and Correspondent
- Shot, edited and/or wrote video reports for France 24, CNN International, and TV5 Monde, as well as different UN agencies
- Regularly intervened live on radio and television in French and English, for several international media such as France 24, BBC, Radio France, CBC Radio Canada, etc.
- Wrote articles and analysis pieces for numerous media outlets such as Liberation, Al Jazeera English, Moyen-Orient, etc, along with research papers for Cambridge University Press, Sanaa’s CEFAS, and Amnesty International
- Founded and managed the website La Voix du Yémen, the first online trilingual magazine in French, English and Arabic about Yemen.
– New York Film Academy 2012
Broadcast Journalism training
– Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne University / Cairo University 2010
- Video shooting and editing
- News, feature and analysis reporting
- Multimedia training
- Languages: French: native language; English: bilingual; Arabic: proficient
- Software: Office, WordPress, Final Cut Pro 7/X, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effect.
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
- Diaper changing expert
– Travels in Egypt, Europe, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco, North America, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen
– Co-Author of Change Square, a photo-book on the Yemeni revolution (2015)